Ultimate Mic Battle FINAL JUDGES TO BE ANNOUNCED SOON
Roxanne Kiely – Author | Songwriter |Producer | Performer | Vocal Coach
Roxanne has successfully used her creative talent in a variety of fields, including vocal coaching, song writing, poetry and children’s stories, creating the Busy Izzy and Friends series, featuring, Izzy, a 12-year-old, girl, her eight friends and a little rescue puppy called “Newly Truly. Three books published: “Busy Izzy and Friends”, “Busy Izzy and Newly Truly – the Big Surprise!” and “Busy Izzy and Talkative Tess” The series is inspired by emotional and educational developmental drivers and focusing on friendship, fun and healthy food with strong values shining through – manners, kindness, resilience, generosity, patience, honesty, sharing, respect, love and open-mindedness. The project currently boasts, award winning songs, video clips, stage shows, picture books featuring rhythm and rhyme. Two of the songs from the Busy Izzy and Friends catalogue, “Busy Izzy Says” and Sometimes A Friend”, co-written with Stephen Kiely, won 1st Place in the Australian Songwriters Association song competition in 2017 and 2018 respectively.
Born and raised on a farm, in a musical family, and writing songs, stories and poetry from the age of seven, Roxanne has made a significant contribution to the Australian music industry. She has released two albums of original music, had songs featured on international
television programs and, more recently, on a popular ABC compilation.
Director of the ever-expanding music school, ScoopFX Music, whose stellar list of students includes; Delta Goodrem, Bec Hewitt, Hayley Warner (co-writer of the new Katy Perry song, “Never Really Over”), Ella Hooper, Nick de la Hoyde and Natalie Bassingthwaighte, to name just a few.
Roxanne is the President of the not-for-profit song writing organisation, Songsalive! Australia, she co-founded in 1997 to help support and advance Australian songwriters. As passionate as she is about all her activities, there is a special place in her heart for children and children’s stories, which is why she has created the Busy Izzy and Friends series.
Colin Foster - Director: Jam 4 Awareness | Entrepreneur | Musician | Manager & Music mogul
Colins Music Industry experience began in 1987, He self-managed his own band until 1994.
• Single-release ‘Money/Crazy Times’ - Mushroom Distribution Services,
• release played on Home n Away
• National Tour of ‘Sexy is the Word Tour – Melissa Tkoutz’ in association with Advanced Entertainment
• NSW High School Tours, Sydney venues & various shopping centres in conjunction with single release
• Assistant manager – Noise Gate Studios
• Manager - Soundtracks Studio – Australia’s Wonderland
1994 – 2020 - He then Formed Jam 4 Awareness Pty Ltd (J4A) from the embryotic stage until its final completion until 2013, having performed in over 400 schools in Australia and overseas.
2007 –Was an Assistant to Kathy Howard – Hard Rock Café music competition in partnership with Pepsi
2008 – Tour manager, Artistree Music – Division of Sony & Consolidated Press Holdings, working with various high-profile artists
2009 - J4A CD compilation release; “Something 4 Everyone” with the following artists: Missy Higgins, Gurrumul Yunupingu, Grinspoon, Blue King Brown, Vanessa Amorosi, Jeff Lang & Town Hall Steps
2003 - 2014 & 2017-2020 - Assistant to the former Director of Operations – Australia’s Annual ARIA Awards/ current Producer - Michael Long.
* 2005 - Formed partnership with Colin Seeger (Author of published book called 'Music Business') – assisted with various performances in United Kingdom & Japan with various artists
* 2005 – Published DVD documentary featuring Delta Goodrem, (Goodrem Management), Guy Sebastian, Diesel & USA export “Sick Puppies” & other industry professionals - Sick Puppies are song writer's behind 'Free Hugs' campaign, appearing on Opera Winfrey and Dave Lenno shows.
* 2007 - Sponsor of Under 18's Crush School Roadshow Tour - Tina Bennati, also assisting with USA band, KISS/convention
* 2007 – 2008 – funds raised for Delta Goodrem’s Leukaemia & Lymphoma Research Trust Fund, Starlight Children's Foundation, Ronald McDonald House & Chronic Pain Australia.
* 2000-2020 – Grand Final Judge and sponsor of the Department of Education & Training’s “Youthrock” event
*January 2010 – J4A Incorporated into HSNET Government Website
• 2017 – Sponsor of Rap 4 Change Western Sydney’s Got Talent Event
• 2014 – 2019 – Partnership with Westfield Shopping Centres - Roadshows. (Performances include over 20 Westfield Shopping Centres in Sydney & Brisbane)
• 2019 – organised music development tours in Nashville Tours with various Australian Artists
* 2010 – 2020 - formed partnership with NSW 'One Community Eat Well, Play Well, Stay Well campaign' – over 30 NRL live Performances in various NRL stadiums